So excited for today <sarcasm>
I was awake until 3:30 in the morning, after having gone to bed at 9:30pm.
THINGS I DID FOR SIX HOURS IN BED:
- Finished reading The Twelve, by Justin Cronin – something like 300 pages.
- Tossed and turned.
- Kicked off the blankets.
- Rode a dozen slick waves of night sweats.
- Got up to pee 37 times.
- Felt my uterus cramp off and on for the eighth day in a row with no action.
- Furrowed my brow over the unholy sounds coming out of my gut.
- Wept over the fact of the night and any possibility of meaningful sleep slipping away.
- Jolted extra-awake at the thought of dozens of things I need to accomplish today before the market.
- Berated myself for not just getting up and doing those things then.
- Stared at the moon through the crack between the window and the shade.
- Flipped the moon the bird.
- Cursed the train idling on the tracks five blocks to the west, its engine vibrating and making a sound similar to a leaf blower.
- Put my face in my pillow and garbled fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK.
- Fell asleep twice, but woke up within seconds of touching down in that velvet cone of silence.
- Punched myself in the face.
- Today I am a zombie (minus the eating my fellow humans characteristic).
I wouldn’t test that if I were you.
Short URL for this post: http://tmblr.co/ZkZLZyVy0gbk