The kissing video…yep, it’s pretty great. But I can’t get over how “the actress” looked like she was trying to turn herself inside out so she wouldn’t have to kiss. Everyone else…hot, sweet, sexy, beautiful. But that kiss was the most awkward, unpleasant, unwanted kiss I’ve seen in years.
Yes! I thought the exact same thing. She was so not into any of that.
Tagged by houseofjules2
Always post the rules.
Answer the questions of the person who tagged you and write 11 new ones.
Tag 11 people and link them.
Let them know they are tagged.
1. What was your favorite childhood toy? It’s a toss-up between my Fisher-Price Little People Airplane and the Farm with that fantastic mooing barn door. I often worked my Weeble’s into the act, and when I was very young, loved to sniff the wood shop and paint smell of the little wooden people. Stick my nose in their little round bottom holes.
2. The last song you listened to that made you emotional? Unforgiven on Beck’s new album, Morning Phase. Good gravy that song guts me, so.
3. What’s something kind someone has done for you? Very recently a few people have listened to me bleed out some difficult emotional stuff, and if they judge me for where my heart and mind are, they have not let on. That level of kindness is so precious. It’s so easy to think less of people for their thoughts and deeds, but sometimes it takes being seen and heard without judgement to be able to forgive yourself. This is helping me quite a lot right now. You know who you are and I love you.
4. Favorite rainy day movie? I’m not a repeat watcher, and I have a terrible memory for details like whether or not it was raining when I watched something in the past, so this is hard to answer. Here are a few favorite melancholy movies that make me feel like rain: All About Eve, Almost Famous, Adaptation, A Star is Born (the James Mason/Judy Garland), Synedoche, New York.
5. You can take a road trip anywhere in the U.S. Where do you go? Well, let’s dream big - I’m road-tripping every state, including Alaska (not Hawaii).
6. Who do you take on that road trip? Can’t I go alone? I think I’d like a year alone. I think everyone I love would like me more if I had a year alone. Let’s make this happen for the betterment of society.
7. Favorite Girl Scout cookie? I don’t really enjoy GSCs any more, but when I loved them, which is when I was a Girl Scout and would eat as many as I sold, my favorite was the Shortbread (Trefoils). I know, boring.
8. Other than home, where do you feel most at home? With a couple of individuals who do not reside in my home, and also who do not know one another.
9. Show me your favorite shoes (or hat, if shoes aren’t your thing). I’m feeling rather crabby about the state of my shoes these days, and have front-loaded my pinterest account with shoes in the $500-700 range because I am so sick of these discount Kohl’s shoe department hunks of ugly I keep strapping to my feet. And I don’t have a favorite hat, either. Sorry.
10. What makes you smile, just by thinking about it? Kissing. A very specific kissing. Grinning like a fool right now, and for once not crying about it, so that’s nice.
11. I’m coming to visit you for one day. Money is no object. What do we do? Hmm… I don’t think of where I live as a place where the idea of money being no object is even relevant. I suppose we could drive up to CLE and eat at any number of amazing restaurants. Be sure to time the trip for summer so we can go see someone on our music bucket list at Nautica and watch the boats on Lake Erie. Or we could go get outlandishly outfitted in ridiculously expensive hiking gear and hit the trails, and buy me a brand new Pathfinder with a roof rack and some kayaks, then run the Cuyahoga. Yeah. Let’s do all of that. Get here early.
My Questions For You:
1. What is something you regret saying to someone you love.
2. What is something you regret not saying to someone you love.
3. Silver or gold?
4. Do you think of the future and past as doorways or walls?
5. When you are smiling, when you are smiling, the whole world smiles with you. Do you like your smile?
6. How much time do you spend on social networking that you could spend on a project instead (I put myself at about 4 hours a day, and that shit has to stop.)
7. Do you know how to swim, and if so, do you like swimming in large, natural bodies of water at night?
8. Do you have a habit of repeatedly losing particular things? (ATM/Debit cards here.)
9. Favorite season and why?
10. Have you grown to love something about yourself that you didn’t like in the past, and if so what and why?
11. Tell us one thing you love about where you live.
I’m tagging these 11 people, but feel free to answer my questions above & tag me! I love reading everyone’s answers. Also, I know these things take time (it took me a week to get to it and get it done) so if you can’t or don’t want to, no butthurt here. :)
"you can make money doing anything! you just have to get creative! let’s say you love knitting- own a yarn shop!"
there’s your solution, millions of people living in poverty. own a fucking yarn shop. what do you mean you can’t just go out and buy/rent commercial property and found a company? what’s holding you back?? your lack of money??? more like your lack of creativity!!!
LOL NOPE one of my best friends in the world did just exactly that, opened a yarn shop, and she is always one week away from bankruptcy and homelessness. She invested everything she had and well, buying yarn is a luxury, not a necessity. It’s hard to make it fly high enough for long enough to get ahead.
There are lines of yours I know by heart.
There are scents of yours soaked in my skin.
— Marilyn Hacker, from “Poète Maudite” in Love, Death, and the Changing of the Seasons. W. W. Norton & Company, 1995
I watched that kissing video and now I want to totally make out. I enjoy kissing my husband quite a bit. Sometimes it’s just a quick kiss, but when it’s one of those, if the kids weren’t standing here watching, I’d rip all your clothes off kisses, those are the best.
I’ll be honest though, there is nothing quite like kissing someone for the first time. I miss that a lot. I’m not complaining because I have it pretty good.
I think we should set up a kissing booth at CHSH. I would volunteer.
I’m in. I’ve got reasons.